?

Log in

Preparation for a Killing - Our Haven: Kindred Embraced [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
The Kindred

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

Preparation for a Killing [Jun. 23rd, 2008|02:56 am]
The Kindred

kindred_haven

[janus__]
[Current Location |The Chantry]
[mood |curiouscurious]

Just before the other kindred arrived to his beloved chantry, Janus took one final stock of his personal contribution to the small army of kindred about to raid the sewers beneath Manhattan. Of his original flock, only fifteen Tremere fighters remained. This was not counting the three wounded who would be staying behind with the retainers to ensure the safety of his mansion.

Along with Janus, himself, of course.

Back in the old days, a king's place was among the troops. I suppose things have changed, and i agree my place is here in the chantry. Still, I have a feeling my skill will be missed...

His men would be led by Everette, the Tremere Primogen and de-facto battle commander. Janus walked among them as they prepared for battle, checking their silver-loaded firearms and other conventional weapons supplied by Everette, and practicing their magical Thaumaturgical skills under the tutelage of Janus himself.

I only hope these young ones will be able to remember their training when under the strain of full-scale warfare. Guns are fine and useful tools, but cannot hold a candle to well-executed blood magic.

Just as Janus began a short lecture on the benefits of meditation, he heard the first cars arrive inside the compound.

The rest of the army would be assembled shortly.

I wonder who will show...
linkReply

Comments:
[User Picture]From: brujah_rage
2008-06-23 06:38 pm (UTC)

so this is it...

Sasha approached the Chantry with excitement and yet also a weight in her heart. Flanking her were the two strongest Brujah left (besides Sasha herself, of course) and they were growling with elation over finally meeting the cause of all of this pain, to have a chance to tear him/her/them limb from limb. Quick to follow behind those were the last six Brujah that could be gathered for an organized fight.

I should share their joy, but as I look across the remains of my clan... We have lost so many. I know that there are more Brujah out there, but they've gone insane with the chaos that has torn apart our world. They no longer respect the laws of the Masquerade, let alone those of our clan. Was the Camarilla right in giving up on us? Have we lost so much that a victory now would be hardly that?

I will push on though and we will tear through this battle with the rage of vengence I know only my clan to have. If we must die out today, let us at least take as many of these others who have stripped us of our beautiful life as we can.


Doing one final check of her body to be sure she has balanced all of her weapons as well as possible and all are loaded and readied, Sasha knocks on the door.

No matter what the outcome, this will be a day no kindred nor Garou will ever forget.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: janus__
2008-06-25 07:09 am (UTC)

Re: so this is it...

the door slips open, revealing the beautiful pale form of Diana, Janus's personal servant.

"Welcome, Primogen. Please, make yourself comfortable while we wait for the rest of the... individuals to arrive"

She gestured toward the parlor, which had been converted from a plush reading room into a staging area, complete with racks of weapons and maps strewn across the walls. Janus stood on the nearby stairs, taking in the scene from above.

"Welcome, Sasha. I knew i could count on you to provide some firepower."
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: brujah_rage
2008-06-29 04:19 am (UTC)

Re: so this is it...

"Only wish I could provide a stronger fighting force. Hopefully, the Gangrels will give us some more brute force. What's left of my clan is scattered to the winds these days. These are the best that remain and I know they'll do you fine. They are strong and angry, ready for battle. Do we have any further information on what we may be up against?"
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: janus__
2008-07-02 04:00 am (UTC)

Re: so this is it...

"At this point, our information is limited to a location."

In fact, what we DON'T know could fill the larger part of this dining area...

"However, given the organization and aggressive nature of the ongoing attacks, I would assume that our adversary is intelligent and passionate. In short, dangerous."
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: brujah_rage
2008-07-02 07:41 am (UTC)

Re: so this is it...

Nods. "And has a clear hatred of our kindred."

Looks around the room. "I certainly hope this isn't all we're going to get."
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: brujah_rage
2008-07-09 02:09 am (UTC)

Re: so this is it...

"My Prince, we might as well get started. I fear we may have to go forward without the presence of the Malks and Gangrels."
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: janus__
2008-07-09 02:16 am (UTC)

Re: so this is it...

Ah, the impetuousness of youth. Remember who won the vote, dear lass.

"A fine idea."
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: brujah_rage
2008-07-09 02:26 am (UTC)

Re: so this is it...

Noticing a change in his tone, Well, patience is for the weak. We are kindred of action, are we not?

Nods and moves towards the table.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: izaak_waldemar
2008-06-23 09:45 pm (UTC)
Izaak composed himself, pulling out a small gold compact to check his reflection once before submitting himself to the scrutiny of the others. Indeed, he had managed quite skillfully to apply sufficient makeup to cover up the bags under his eyes. He even, almost, appeared to have his usual luster in his eyes. It was only under closer inspection that one could see how worn he had become.

Oh how I long for the carefree days. What ever happened to living for millennia just for the sex and art? All this fighting and worrying after one's life is so distracting.

The Toreador clan had not been of much use in all the commotion, other than for Blood Haven to serve as a neutral place where kindred could go to be at rest. It was important, in these tough times, to still have diversion. Izaak wished he had been more successful in his investigations. After the incident in which he almost lost his life, however, he was now no longer so carefree.

Would that we Toreadors could find our place in these tough times. I tire of being constantly laughed at, scorned, and ridiculed. We are not weak. He smirked to himself. Merely... Indulgent.

Izaak met his bodyguard, the Gangrel Damian, before proceeding into the Chantry.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: d_morningstar
2008-06-24 01:59 am (UTC)
Damian shuddered a little at the sight of Izaak, as he always did. His beauty was almost painful to look upon, it was so bright. Damian had never understood why Izaak had taken an interest in him, but in spite of himself, in spite of his earnest desire for solitude and the wilderness, he could not resist Izaak's call. When Izaak had said that he needed him, he came.

Izaak's pale yellow hair was pulled back in a long braid, sharply contrasting against his prominent cheekbones. Damian allowed his eyes to linger there for the smallest of moments, a thread of a memory of Izaak's lips on his cheek dousing his thoughts like a bucket of water and making him feel at once flushed and cold. What in the hell am I thinking? I am indeed spending too much time around him. He is starting to affect me.

Damian shrugged and threw his eyes to the side when Izaak saw him. "Are you ready?"

Damian had not been in town long. Less than a year, and he still knew almost no one other than Izaak. Going out into public places with many kindred always made him a little nervous. He was ready to protect Izaak with his life, unhesitatingly, but it made him sick to think that someone so unworthy could take him if he was caught off guard. Only, sometimes it was very difficult to be on guard when half of his thoughts were unwittingly occupied with unimportant considerations.

Izaak smiled and put a hand on his shoulder. "Yes of course," he said as though assuring him that he, too, were not preoccupied. "Are you all right?"

Damian shrugged the hand off his shoulder and turned. "Perfect," he said perfunctorily and took off, hands shoved in his pockets.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: janus__
2008-07-02 04:04 am (UTC)
Janus nodded in Izzac's direction, making sure to convey in his gesture that he considers Izaak a worthy ally.

Although your particular skills are not as useful in this scenario, believe that I understand the power in manipulation.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: izaak_waldemar
2008-07-09 03:17 am (UTC)
Izaak inclined his head in Janus' direction, allowing a small smile to grace his lips. One day, that man will be mine...
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
From: sewer_rat_
2008-06-24 03:08 am (UTC)
Ember slunk towards the chantry from the sleek black car. A few young nos climbed out of the car after her, their twisted forms carried rolls of maps and bags of arsenal. The claws on her left hand and the dagger locked into the stump of her right arm caught the moonlight and shimmered. She never took them off anyomre. The few seconds to arm herself could prove deadly. She shifted her own burden of of arsenal so it rested more comfortably on her short frame. It weighed nearly as much as she did and the burden made her uncomfortable, it slowed her down.

She stalked in with the 5 nos falling in behind her. The nos had been hit hard, since they lived in the sewers. Many Nos were killed within their own homes. Ember scowled, twisting the scars on her face into a grotesque mask, her hood was down but she raised it as she entered the building, the sleek black fabric obscuring her face as she and her meager troops took their place in the hall.
(Reply) (Thread)
From: daemon_faust
2008-06-24 07:24 am (UTC)

Upon noticing his primogen enter,

Daemon slipped from the shadows and bowed. "Welcome, my dear Ember."

He felt he met her eye through her mask and for a second, as he stood to his full height, he had an odd urge to embrace her. It was so good to see a familiar face, to feel a familiar devotion to a superior, something he had missed terribly since the loss of their late Prince. Of course, he knew he would not touch Ember just as he had never laid an affectionate hand on her in the past. But the warmth of her presence gave him such reassurance and comfort, he could not help but express it by telling her, "I am so pleased to see you are still well. In these hard times, it is a comfort to be in the company of friends."
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
From: sewer_rat_
2008-06-30 09:03 pm (UTC)

Re: Upon noticing his primogen enter,

Ember looked up at Deamon's familiar visage, he towered over her small frame. The barest of smiles twisted her face, though no one could see.
"It is good to see you too my friend. I was worried that you'd been taken"
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
From: daemon_faust
2008-06-30 10:35 pm (UTC)
"No, I have been here, learning the ways of our new Prince, aiding him as much as I can in the coming of tonight's battle."

Looks to the five nos Ember brought. With a sadness in his voice, "Is this all that is left?"
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
From: sewer_rat_
2008-07-05 03:41 pm (UTC)
"The sewers are not a safe place" Ember frowned. "This was all I could find. Even my rats were being killed by the wolves"
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
From: daemon_faust
2008-07-06 05:49 am (UTC)
Frowns. "At least, we can hope that there are others of our clan who are just excellent at hiding." Looks around. "I'm concerned about our Gangrel presence. I hope that Pondor is well and that he received the Prince's mandate."
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
From: sewer_rat_
2008-07-09 05:28 pm (UTC)
Ember nods when a few moments later Pondor, reeking of Wolf, lumbers in.
"worry not my friend"
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: janus__
2008-07-02 04:07 am (UTC)
Janus made his way to the group of Nosferatu in the corner.

"Your presence is very welcome. Is there anything you need before you depart?"
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
From: sewer_rat_
2008-07-05 03:52 pm (UTC)
Ember acknowledged the Prince with a short bow. "No Prince, I just want to feel the blood of the wolves run through my claws."
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
From: caedralyn
2008-06-24 03:27 am (UTC)
She watched the star filled sky sli through the skylight of the car. She could see the short line of cars behind her. Their numbers were not as great as they could be. Many of the Ventrue sent their minions into the fray, but did not come themselves. Caedra's nerves were tight in her stomach as she wondered if she too should have stayed. She looked around her limo, the other seats were cramped. Many of her tenants, her own retainers, filled the seats. All were older and had no connections. She did not take any of the younger retainers, nor the ones with families...it would draw too much attention to the complex.

She fingered her PAAD nervously, sacks of wireless weapons beneath the seats and in the trunks linked to her little PAAD. She flicked down a set of stylish sunglasses which to her eyes displayed multiple grids and video feeds from the remote aresnal, all of them were off but in standby, ready to respond to the commands built into her outfit.

As she extracted herself from the car she touched the old-fashioned reassurance that hung from a belt at her waist. The sword looked anachronistic against her high tech outfit but it gave her a sense of comfort.

She wished she'd come to the Chantry for a more socialable cause, her thoughts flitted to the Prince and she steeled herself. She felt young here, among the old. Many of her retainers were older than her, she frowned, she always felt young.

She issued orders softly, no need to bark or demand, they all reacted well. 12 vampires and 10 retainers left the cars, armed with their own weapons as well as carrying her high-tech arsenal. She directed them in and looked around. Her eyes landed on the Brujah, wishing there were more of them for this task.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: brujah_rage
2008-06-29 04:22 am (UTC)
Sasha noticed the young looking Ventrue looking her way. No doubt she was one of the ones who chose Janus over me. I can only hope that he will lead us as well into this battle as she thinks he will.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
From: caedralyn
2008-06-30 09:09 pm (UTC)
Caedra felt the Brujah primogen's stare and met her eyes. She nodded in acknowledgment. Brujah's were renouned for their fighting skills, they would most certainly be of use here. Caedra seemed to float as she crossed the distance between them.

"Sasha, I am please to see you and the other Brujah's here. We will most certainly need your prowess to turn the tide of this battle."
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: brujah_rage
2008-06-30 10:39 pm (UTC)
"Thank you. I only hope what I was able to scrounge up will be enough." Looks around at the folk the little one brought with her, "Where is your new primogen? I would imagine she would want to be a part of this fight."

And where are the rest of the Ventrue? I know their blood line has survived this onslaught better than the other clans due to their connections and hideaways. Where are they now though?
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: izaak_waldemar
2008-07-01 11:39 am (UTC)
Izaak glided over to Sasha and Caedralyn, smiling at them both. "It is good to see you, even in these hard times. I would dearly like to be of some use, though I'm not particularly useful in a fight." He laughed a little, remembering how he had nearly died just trying to run away. The sound was a little hollow.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: brujah_rage
2008-07-02 07:45 am (UTC)
"You will help us all greatly once this battle is over and we're trying to rebuild our world. Only a gem like you, sweet Izaak" kisses his hand, "could truly complete the job of restoring the elegance of our former life."
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
From: caedralyn
2008-07-05 03:27 pm (UTC)
Caedra nodded as Izaak joined their converstation, smiling at the charmer. "Indeed you will be of great use. Our world needs builders as much as it needs fighters." She pointedly ignored Sasha's question as to the whereabouts of her Primogen and hoped that Izaak would be enough of a distraction.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: brujah_rage
2008-07-09 02:15 am (UTC)
Sees Janus start to move towards the conclave table. "It appears our meeting is about to begin. Izaak, would you do me the honor of sitting beside me at the table?"
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: izaak_waldemar
2008-07-09 03:19 am (UTC)
"I would indeed be honoured to sit beside you." Izaak held out his arm and led Sasha to the table.

Izaak sent a glance behind him at Damian indicating that he should stay back away from the table. He did it not for his own benefit but for Damian's, as he knew the man would be uncomfortable if others' eyes were in a position to behold him.

Izaak lingered with his hand on Sasha's arm for the briefest moment, cherishing one last moment of peace.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: janus__
2008-07-02 07:41 am (UTC)

breaking the mood

Janus glides toward Caedralyn, his blue eyes blazing. As he approaches, he begins to extend his hand, then shrinks away almost immediately.

Neither the time, nor the place, good sir

His resolution changes instantly as he straightens up and addresses the ventrue.

"Glad to see you are well. I take it you have some tricks in store for our enemies?"
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
From: caedralyn
2008-07-05 03:33 pm (UTC)

Re: breaking the mood

Caedra smiled at the masked visage, a feeling of warmth spreading through her, she kept her features carefully controlled, trying to stay focused on the impending battle.

"Indeed, my Prince, I have a few tricks up my sleeve. My only hope is that they will be enough."

She thought of the high-tech silver arsenal she'd brought along and then rested her hand on her sword for reassurance.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: janus__
2008-07-09 02:14 am (UTC)

Re: breaking the mood

Janus glanced down at the silver on Caedralyn's hip.

"If you know how to use that, you are indeed a renaissance woman."



(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
From: caedralyn
2008-07-09 05:25 pm (UTC)

Re: breaking the mood

Caedralyn smiled coyly.
"I am skilled in many areas, My Prince, both arcane and nouveau."

She mentally chided herself for flirting with him now, on the eve of the battle, but then she might not live to do it later. The thought sent a chill down her spine.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
From: h_everette_kat
2008-07-08 02:02 pm (UTC)
Despite the chattering of amassed kindred in the foyer, Everette couldn't find it within himself to care. How many of them will be dead next week? 10? 20? All of them? The dissociation was familiar, an old and bitter friend from nearly a century ago, during the Great War. When the man next to you would be dead by nightfall, what point in making friends? These days, new Kindred came and went faster than he could learn their names. Not that he bothered anymore. Months of slowly losing this war and what did they have to show? A few paltry intelligence gains? Enough to make one final, valiant charge on an entrenched, well-supplied enemy?

No, he thought grimly. I'm done here. The days of trench warfare are over. Time to cut our losses and get out. Fuck New York. Let the bastards have it.

Resolved, he at long last marched out of his suite. Sweeping into the foyer, he paused briefly, expecting to be announced, before remembering that the retainers all had better things to do these days. Taking stock of the room, he nodded briefly at Janus and glanced at the others with, if not respect, then at least a grudging admiration for having survived this long. Steeling himself to argue for withdrawal, he stalked morosely towards the central gathering.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: brujah_rage
2008-07-09 02:06 am (UTC)
Approaches Everette, "Good to see you. So, are you ready to throw up arms for one final battle? It seems the time has come..."
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
From: h_everette_kat
2008-07-10 01:20 pm (UTC)
"sasha, there is much to discuss. I believe we should consider-", Everette began, when he was interrupted by the quite swinging of the dining room doors. Unconsciously shifting his slung BAR to a more comfortable (and accessible) position, he nervously scanned the dining room before returning his attention to the Brujah primogen.

"Well, it seems we shall have to take our conversation to a more formal setting."
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: janus__
2008-07-09 02:10 am (UTC)

Re: so this is it...

Janus returned Everette's nod.

I hope you know what you're about to do...
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
From: pondor
2008-07-09 02:32 am (UTC)

ah the frenzied few

Pondor limps towards the doorway, the stench of Garou dripping from him like sweat. His face smiles as his frenzied eyes survey the gathered faces with a look of psychotic anticipation.

Well if this is all we can muster... better to die fighting.


(Reply) (Thread)
From: daemon_faust
2008-07-09 07:30 am (UTC)

Re: ah the frenzied few

"Ah, Pondor. We were beginning to worry that the Gangrel clan would go unrepresented. Please allow me to escort you to the Conclave table where I am sure your presence has been much anticipated."
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)